Light, fresh and spicy; the perfect meal for week nights or weekend dining.
8 boneless chicken thighs
100g vermicelli noodles
2 tablespoons each sriracha chilli sauce and kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
1 tablespoon each brown sugar and rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon each ground cumin and ground turmeric
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1⁄2 cup coconut cream
1⁄4 cup Thai basil, plus extra to garnish
1 long green chilli, roughly chopped, plus extra to garnish
2 tablespoons roasted peanuts, plus extra to garnish
1 teaspoon lime juice
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1 telegraph cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded and sliced
100g sugar snap peas, thinly sliced
1⁄2 cup long thread coconut, toasted
1. Mix all the marinade ingredients together and add the chicken, turning to coat. Leave for 1 hour, or cover and chill for 24 hours.
2. Heat a barbecue or frying pan to a medium heat and cook the chicken until golden and fully cooked through, about 3-4 minutes each side.
3. Soak the noodles in a bowl of boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain, then rinse in cold water and drain well again.
4. To make the dressing, blitz the coconut cream, basil, chilli, peanuts, lime juice and ginger together with a hand blender or in a small food processor.
5. Put the cucumber, sugar snaps and coconut in a large bowl and toss with half the dressing.
6. To serve, divide the noodles among plates and top with the salad and chicken. Garnish with extra chilli, peanuts, Thai basil and lime wedges and serve the remaining dressing on the side.