There are no rules when it comes to making your house a home. Here are some interior myths to bust immediately.
Let go of outdated thinking. Design a space and a sanctuary that’s perfect just for you. Some lingering myths around creative homes include:
- It has to be a designer brand to be excellent design.
- Good design is expensive.
- You can’t mix and match old and new.
- You have to have design qualifications to create a space.
- You should bring in experts to manage the whole process of designing or styling your home.
- Experts have incredible homes themselves (the truth is that they often don’t have the time to work on them).
- Design and styling are feminine interests and professions.
The truth is that personal style isn’t something that can be taught, nor should it be. A high-grade home is a place where you can be your most authentic self, and who better to create that space than you?
You can certainly look to professional opinions and knowledge for guidance, but anyone on any budget can design a space and a sanctuary for themselves. The tips here will help you to create your authentic home.